GOLDEN VISA PROGRAM
Processing time 10 years (and must reside in Spain)
Visa free travel Visa-free to 29 Schengen countries
Investment type Real Estate
Investment cost EUR 500,000
Family dependents Spouse and children below 18. Adult children above 18, and parents of main applicant qualify as long as they prove financial dependency.
Passport validity 10 years (and must reside in Spain).
Spain is the third most popular tourist country in the world, and it is not hard to see why. Every region has its own characteristics which are still very much influenced by the different cultures, languages, and geographies of the separate kingdoms that once ruled them, which in addition to all, the sun, sea and sand, explains why it is such a fascinating and popular holiday destination.
Only one visit to Spain per year is required to maintain the permit
The Spain Golden Visa can easily be renewed every two years
You obtain the right to work as an entrepreneur or employee once you’ve been granted the 2 years permit
Spanish Residence permit extends to Spouse and children below 18 years of age
No interview, language test, education or management experience required
Freedom of movement in the 29 Schengen countries
Allowed to stay and work in Spain
You could obtain Spanish citizenship if you comply with some requirements as follows:
The first step is to get a residence visa which is valid for a maximum of one year (Golden visa)
The second step is to apply for a 2 years residence permit which can be renewed every two years, provided your investment is still in place
If you have spent at least 6 months in Spain every year, after 5 years you can apply for a permanent residence of 5 years
After you have reached 10 years under the conditions above you can apply for the Spanish nationality
Limited taxation if you are in the country for less than 6 months per annum you only pay taxes on the initial purchase of your real estate and thereafter on the value of your assets in Spain, if any
To be eligible for residency in Spain under its residency by investment programme, the applicant is required to make a property investment in Spain’s real estate market.
Citizenship Invest appoints a Document Collection Specialist for each case. The firm offers a bespoke service that simplifies the application process, requesting from clients the bear minimum. Our job is to simplify the document collection as much as possible and when required we obtain the documents for the client without their involvement. Please note the below list is to be used as a guideline only, after assessing the particular case Citizenship Invest prepares a personalized checklist.
Documents required from each applicant including children:
• Original passport, valid for at least one year, and two blank pages for the visa.
• Two (2) Original passport-size photos
• Proof of valid medical insurance: public health insurance and private contracted with an insurance company licensed to operate in Spain.
• Medical certificate: (Original and photocopy, original translation and photocopy of translation if required): This document must be issued no more than 90 days before your appointment date, must include letterhead and original signature and/or stamp from a doctor (only M.D. or D.O’s will be accepted).
• Certified copy of the criminal record certificate for the past five years, from your country of origin. The certificate must have been issued no more than 90 days before submitting your application and must be valid for a period of three months after the date of issue. The certificate must be legalised by the Spanish Consulate/Embassy in that country
• Original excerpt of Birth record or certified copy of Birth certificates must be officially translated into Spanish or English and the translation must be certified by the Spanish Consulate in the country of issuance.
Documents required only from the main applicant:
• Proof of work or Proof of personal company and income – Official document that proves the applicant’s work address, type of work and annual income.
Official English or Spanish translation and legalised by the Spanish Consulate in the country of Residence
• Bank Statements for the last 12 months
Documents required only if married persons apply together:
• Original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificates must be officially translated into Spanish or English and the translation must be certified by the Spanish Consulate in the country of issuance.
• Certified copy of divorce certificate must be officially translated into Spanish or English and the translation must be certified by the Spanish Consulate in the country of issuance (if applicable)
N.B. The property sale contract will be subject to successfully obtaining the residency visa. All documentation for the Residency Application is finalized
Once the file is ready it is submitted to the Government, at this point Government Fees e payable
File Submission Payment of PLUCO Professional Fees is payable.
This is valid for 1 year however as this doesn’t allow the client to work in Spain, the client can apply for the 2 year Residence Permit straight away if they want to work in Spain. PLUCO final Professional Fees are paid.
- Program Overview
- Citizenship Law
- Country profile
- Benefits of the program
- Applicants Qualifications
- Investment requirements
- Application Fees
- Document Checklist