Difficulties can arise once the client goes through Due Diligence and our combined expertise of being one of the oldest companies in the industry is the best support a client can have under these circumstances.
Countries that offer Citizenship by Investment programs include Cyprus (on hold), Malta, Montenegro, Turkey, Vanuatu, St. Kitts and Nevis, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, Antigua and Barbuda, St. Lucia.
As a guideline the most cost-effective citizenship program starts at USD 100,000 for a single applicant and USD 150,000 for a family of four members.
Countries can then use these funds to invest in their own projects, such as real estate development, business development and job creation, aimed at boosting the economy.
The non-refundable financial contribution is in the form of a one-time payment executed upon approval of the citizenship application after a stringent vetting and due diligence process.
To understand the process in detail please contact one of our Certified Consultants.
IT IS SIMPLE TO APPLY FOR A SECOND CITIZENSHIP
Countries that offer Residency by Investment include Portugal, Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Malta, Ireland, United Kingdom, among others.
• What is your nationality of birth?
• What is your country of residence?
• Do you have any other residency permit from other countries?
• Have you resided anywhere else in the last 10 years? If yes, how long have you lived in that country?
• Have you been rejected any tourist of business visas before? If yes, have you re-applied?
• Have you been rejected any citizenship/residency in the past?
• How often do you travel? What countries do you go to?
• What is the source of funds to pay for the investment?
– Do you need a second passport in a short period of time or could you go through a more lengthy process of first applying for residence and in a few year time for citizenship
– Do you want to move to another country or you would like to remain where you are but with better mobility
– Number of dependent children and their ages (some programs accept older children while others do not and these older children would need to apply as single applicants, which could become costly)
– Do you want to include your siblings under your application (some programs accept siblings, but most do not)
– What are your travelling habits and goals when it comes to access specific countries visa free
Fast citizenship programs take from 3 to 6 months to issue the approval and residency programs around 2 to 4 months.
• Transfer tax on properties ranging from 3%-8%
• A non-resident individual is taxed on Cyprus-source income only
• Progressive tax rates imposed up to 35% on incomes above EUR 19,500
• No capital duty, capital acquisitions tax, inheritance/estate tax, wealth/net worth tax
• No capital duty, real property tax, no inheritance, net wealth/net worth tax
• Tax is generally due on any gain on the transfer of property
• The standard VAT rate is 20%, while the reduced rate is 8%. The recent fiscal reform established a unique tax rate on the income of individuals and legal entities at the level of 12%.
• The wealth tax rate is 0.8% of the taxable base.
• Montenegro offers one of the lowest personal income tax rates in Europe starting at 9%
• The corporate tax rate is only 9%.
• Non-residents are taxed on Greece-source profits only
• No capital duty, no net wealth/ net worth tax
• Stamp duty for individuals is 3,6%
• Property taxation includes a main tax depending on the characteristics of the property and an additional tax calculated for properties value exceeding EUR 300,000
• Inheritance tax ranging from 1-10% for close relatives
• Non-residents are taxed on their Portuguese-source income only
• Real estate income is taxed at a flat rate of 28%
• A municipal tax is levied on property sales and transfers
• 10% stamp duty on inheritance/estate tax with exceptions on a few cases
• No net wealth/net worth tax
• Non-residents are taxed on Spanish-source income
• For capital gains progressive rates apply
• Stamp duty is applicable at 0,5-1%
• Capital acquisitions tax is 7%
• As real property tax the municipal authorities levy a real estate tax, with a temporary surcharge of upto 10%
• Inheritance estate tax ranges from 7-34%
• Non-residents are taxed only on Bulgaria-source income
• Individuals who have a permanent address in Bulgaria but whose center of vital interests is not in the country are not considered a Bulgarian tax resident
• No stamp duty, capital duty, wealth/net worth tax
• Non-residents are taxed on income derived or sourced in Grenada only
• No capital gains, stamp duty, capital acquisitions tax, no inheritance tax, net wealth/net worth tax
• Real property tax is ranging 0-0,5% depending on the property’s use
-No capital gains, no property tax, stamp duty, capital acquisitions tax, inheritance tax, net wealth/net worth
-Non-residents are taxed on income derived or sourced in Dominica
Tax treaty is in force with CARICOM
-Non-residents are taxed on income derived or sourced in Antigua and Barbuda only
-Capital gains are not subject to tax
-No capital duty, capital acquisitions tax, inheritance tax, net wealth/net worth tax
-Treaties are in force with CARICOM and the United Kingdom
-Non-residents are taxed on St. Lucia-source profits only
-No capital gains, stamp duty, capital acquisitions tax, no inheritance tax, net wealth/net worth tax
-Real property tax is ranging 0-0,5% depending on the property’s use
-No personal income tax, capital duty, capital acquisitions tax, inheritance/estate tax, net wealth/net worth tax
-Property tax ranges 0,2-0,3% depending on the property’s use and location
-Stamp duty on the transfer of real estate property ranges from 2% to 18,5% and payable by the seller
-Tax treaties are in force with CARICOM, Monaco, Switzerland and the United Kingdom
• There is no tax on global income, inheritance and capital gains
• Vanuatu has zero corporation tax for both domestic and international companies
• Turkey holds a double taxation treaty with most nations in the developed world
• Non-residents pay taxes only on their Turkish-source income
• No wealth tax in Turkey
• V.A.T. is levied at a 18% rate. Reduced rates of 8% and 1% may apply for certain goods and services
• With an E-2 Investors visa the person is only liable for taxes generated by the business they hold in the United States and are not taxed on worldwide income (as they do not hold US citizenship or permanent residency)