GOLDEN VISA PROGRAM
The Greek Residency Golden Visa Program is a residence-by-investment program launched in 2013 that enables non-EU nationals and their family members to obtain permanent residence permits in Greece. The duration of this type of Residence Permit is 5 years and it can be renewed indefinitely (for a 5-year period each time) provided that the real estate property is still owned by the applicant.
Processing time 2-3 months
Visa free travel Visa-free to 29 Schengen countries
Investment type Real Estate
Investment cost a minimum of EUR 250,000
Family dependents Spouse and children below 21 years old.
Greece is considered the birthplace of Western civilization, having contributed to the basis for mathematics, physics, literature, and other sciences. The country is considered one of the most popular tourist destinations worldwide – about 16.5 million tourists visit Greece every year – the country has something to offer to all types of lifestyle, from its calm, secluded beaches, and villages, where one can retire and relax, to its buzzing modern cities.
No physical residency requirements
No interview or language test required
No education or management experience required
Visa free travel within Schengen area, no visa or further documentation required
Golden visa in Greece Allows you to stay in any other Schengen countries for up to a period of three months within every six-month period with the right of multiple entries
If applicant physically resides in Greece for 7 years has the right to apply for citizenship
No income tax for non-residents except on rental income of the property in Greece
To be eligible for residency in Greece under its residency by investment program, the applicant is required to make a Real Estate investment in anywhere in Greece to obtain the golden visa
In addition to the purchase of real estate, there are Government fees to be paid. paid:
Citizenship Invest professional fees, official application forms, certification of citizenship and passport, courier & other disbursements are the only other costs associated. A detailed quotation with no hidden costs is provided for the specific case.
Citizenship Invest appoints a Document Collection Specialist for each case. The firm offers a bespoke service that simplifies the application process, requesting from clients the bear minimum. Our job is to simplify the document collection as much as possible and when required we obtain the documents for the client without their involvement. Please note the below list is to be used as a guideline only, after assessing the particular case Citizenship Invest prepares a personalized checklist.
Documents required from each applicant including children:
• Certified copy of valid passports
• Schengen Visa
• Three (3) Original passport-size photos
• Health Insurance Policy – International Healthy Insurance policy confirming it provides for full hospitalization in a Greek public hospital and medical care expenses and that it specifically states it applies in Greece and that covers the person(s) as long as s/he resides in Greece. Official English or Greek translation and legalised by the Greek Consulate of Residence
• Original excerpt of Birth record or certified copy of Birth certificates with Official Greek or English translation and legalized/ Apostilled by the Greek Consulate
(2 copies are required for Main Applicant – It must show the main Applicant father’s name, otherwise Family Book must be provided)
• Medical Travel Insurance – Valid for no less than the length of the Greek Tourist Visa (1 year). To cover medical costs and medical repatriation, valid in all Schengen countries throughout the duration of the visa
CI Europe can arrange for you
• Flight Ticket Reservation to visit Greece (issuance not necessary)
• Proof of accommodation from a hotel or invitation letter from a relative or friend in order to prove the destination and the purpose of the trip
Documents required only from the main applicant:
• Official Utility Bill – must show residential address. Official English or Greek translation and legalised by the Greek Consulate of Residence
• Proof of work or Proof of personal company and income – Official document that proves the applicant’s work address, type of work and annual income. Official English or Greek translation and legalised by the Greek Consulate of Residence
• Bank Statements for the last 6 months
Documents required only if married persons apply together:
• Original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificates with Official Greek or English translation and legalized/ Apostilled by the Greece Consulate
• Certified copy of divorce certificate with Official Greek or English translation and legalized/ Apostilled by the Greece Consulate (if applicable).
*For a personalized document checklist please contact us.
The Client could select the Greek property remotely and PLUCO starts preparing property purchase documentation required to be presented for Residency application.
Final PLUCO Professional Fees are paid
Once approved Client either sends the passport to PLUCO lawyers in Greece to insert Residency Permit or client travels to Greece to get Residency Permit inserted into Passport
The estimated time to receive residence visa approval depends on the due diligence processing time and the specific case
The estimated time to receive residence visa approval depends on the due diligence processing time and the specific case.
- Program Overview
- Citizenship Law
- Country profile
- Benefits of the program
- Applicants Qualifications
- Investment requirements
- Application Fees
- Document Checklist